- Administration on Aging - A U.S. Government office devoted to the needs of seniors
- California Department of Aging - California State government resources for seniors and their families to help maximize their safety, health, and independence.
- Marin County
- San Francisco County
- San Mateo County
- Sonoma County
- Healthfinder - Consumer health information from the U.S. government, including publications, databases, web sites, support and self-help groups, government agencies and not-for-profit organizations.
- Alzheimer's Association of Northern California
- American Heart Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- A Place for Mom - San Francisco Senior Living Resources
- Bay Area Older Adults - Promotes an active and healthy lifestyle by providing you with free information about a variety of regional outdoor, fitness, social, and cultural activities.
- HICAP - Free Medicare benefits counseling.
- Family Caregiver Alliance – A non-profit organization that addresses the needs of family and friends providing long-term care at home.
- Family Caregiver Support Program in Marin County
- Network of Care – An information source for seniors and adults with disabilities, as well as their caregivers and service providers.
- Nursing Home Abuse Justice – Awareness and resources for elder and nursing home abuse.
- Stanford Aging Adult Services - A program devoted to meeting the needs of older adults and their families and providing them a continuum of care, with support and resources.
- UCSF Memory and Aging Center - The Center's mission is to provide the highest quality of care for individuals with cognitive problems, to conduct research on causes and cures for degenerative brain diseases, and to educate health professionals, patients, and their families.
- Whistlestop – Community services for Marin County seniors and people with disabilities.
- Senior Villages are community-based membership organizations that empower older adults to live in their own homes as they age, by offering a network of high-quality resources, services, programs, and activities. Seniors At Home is a preferred provider for the following villages:
Dementia Care Resources
- Alzheimer's Association of Northern California – Find local chapters serving communities throughout Northern California for support, information, treatment and research.
- Alzheimer's Association Research Center Trail Match – A free clinical studies matching service that connects individuals with Alzheimer’s, caregivers, healthy volunteers and physicians with current studies nationwide.
- DailyCaring.com - A free website and daily email resource for family caregivers. Discover practical, valuable, and positive tips for people caring for older adults.
- Ray Dolby Brain Health Center | CPMC Neurosciences Institute – Provides patient care, education and research in the area of memory loss. Employing a multidisciplinary team of health professionals, the center provides a variety of services to anyone experiencing memory loss changes at any age.
- UCSF Memory and Aging Center – An international leader in the field of memory disorders and dementia the center offers comprehensive evaluations for the diagnosis and treatment of patients, conducts research on new therapies and offers support groups for patients, family members and friends.
Palliative Care Resources
- "A New Focus on Easing Pain" – A Washington Post article on palliative care.
- GetPalliativeCare.org - Clear, comprehensive palliative care information for people coping with serious, complex illness.
- "Hospice Care: What Is It, Anyway?" – An article about hospice and palliative care from the Center for Advancing Health.
- National Institute of Health – A directory of palliative care resources.
- "What is Palliative Care?" - A WebMD article explaining palliative care.
- The National Resource Center on LGBT Aging—Information, research, and resources regarding LGBTQ+ seniors
- Billy DeFrank LGBT Community Center– The Silicon Valley’s LGBTQ+ community center.
- Golden Gate Business Association – San Francisco’s LGBTQ+ chamber of commerce.
- Human Rights Campaign, Health and Aging - Resources on protecting yourself and your family in healthcare settings.
- National Center for Lesbian Rights, Elder Law Project – A legal resource for LGBTQ+ seniors.
- Openhouse – Housing, services, and community for San Francisco’s LGBTQ+ seniors.
- Sage – National resource center on LGBTQ+ aging.
- Spectrum – North Bay LGBTQ+ center offering older adult groups, events, celebrations, and presentations, as well as resources, referrals, education, and advocacy.
- The Center – San Francisco’s LGBTQ+ Community Center.