- This event has passed.
The Savvy Caregiver—Six Part Series
July 31, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
A training program for family members or friends providing care for someone with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia
This six-week program is about the what and how of caregiving. It is built around two ideas:
- You probably never expected to be a caregiver.
- And…you never trained for the role.
You can become a Savvy Caregiver!
Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease is a specialty requiring specific skills and an attitude that contributes to the well being of both the caregiver and the person with the disease. This program, co-sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association, enables caregivers to develop a sense of control and mastery within the caregiving role.
Based on research by experts in caregiving techniques, this six-week course will provide clinical-level training for family caregivers. Participants will graduate with:
- Personal knowledge and skills to assess abilities of their loved one with dementia
- Confidence to set and alter caregiving goals
- Strategies to manage activities of daily living; and perspective on the course of Alzheimer’s and related disorders
August 7, 14, 21, 28
Cost is free; sponsored by the Ned Eichler Scholarship Fund .