Work with a compassionate and innovative home care team.
This is not just another job! Your nursing expertise will make a real difference in the lives of hundreds of clients who are cared for by our interdisciplinary team at Seniors at Home. Along with home visits and assessments for private duty homecare, you will participate in orientation and supervision of private duty homecare attendants and help design and implement continuing education courses. Creativity and humor are also required. See job description below for details.
Job Title: RN Home Care Supervisor, Marin/Sonoma Counties
Summary of Job Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of Seniors At Home and the Director of Nursing Services, the Home Care RN Supervisor is responsible for providing assessment and oversight of care planning for Private Duty clients; assisting the Director with program supervision, coordination and oversight; providing resolution of client and caregiver matters; providing skilled nursing services for Licensed Care clients; providing daily oversight of Marin/Sonoma staff and staffing issues. The Home Care RN Supervisor understands the mission and goals of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and the Seniors At Home division, and works within the limitations of Agency resources to meet Agency standards for performance, as well as service and budget goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
Supervision, Coordination and Program Oversight
- In the role of RN Home Care Supervisor, ensures compliance with Licensed Care and Private Duty policies and procedures.
- Implements Total Quality Management activities relating to client satisfaction, compliance with Agency paperwork renewal, incident reporting, and the annual home health agency program evaluation.
- Ensures implementation of the private duty supervision program.
- Assists the director in resolution of client and caregiver matters in all regions.
- Supervises the German Government Home Care program, ensuring compliance with all requirements and reporting to ensure reimbursement.
- Supervises the VA Homemaker/Home Health Aide program, ensuring compliance with all service and reporting requirements.
- Participates in the orientation, training, and continuing education of home care aides.
- Works to meet agency service and budget goals.
Licensed Care Services
- Complies with all Title XXII Home Health Agency regulations and the Nurse Practice Act in the provision of skilled nursing services.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process for Licensed Skilled Care clients. Assesses and evaluates client’s status and revises plan of care as necessary. Discusses changes with the client or family/caregiver and reports changes, as necessary, to the attending physician.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques and maintains communication regarding client care with the physician and supervisory personnel.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding client’s condition and care given.
- Recommends as appropriate use of other disciplines (e.g. physical therapist, occupational therapist, medical social, speech therapist) to the physician in order to facilitate client care.
- Teaches the client and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with clients and families/caregivers.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
Private Duty Services
- Performs the initial home care assessment in the client’s home. When requested, arranges for a pre-discharge facility assessment.
- Explains all home care service policies to the client, including rates of service, billing options, HIPAA Privacy; and obtains signature of acknowledgement.
- Based on the needs assessment and in conjunction with the client/family, completes an individualized Care Plan.
- Completes all initial client paperwork and initiates the Client Registration process.
- Coordinates home care services and care plan implementation with the staffing team.
Customer Satisfaction, Community Outreach
- Works cooperatively and flexibly with other staff to insure that clients’ needs are met.
- Provides post-placement follow-up per department policy, including addressing clients’ questions/concerns, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Promotes private duty home care through regular community contacts and follow-up with referral sources.
- Participates in marketing and community outreach activities as requested.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Accepts on call and weekend assignments as requested.
- Meets Agency standards for performance and complies with the JFCS Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in California, with no previous disciplinary measures
- Current CPR Certification.
- Has at least one year’s general nursing experience, with current home health, medical, surgical, or critical care experience. Teaching non-professionals a plus.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health clearance including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by the organization’s policy.
- Must be a licensed driver with a clean driving record and an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Possesses excellent observation, good nursing judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision; has good organizational skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
- Possesses a strong commitment to providing responsive services to the community and ability to establish excellent rapport with client’s staff and community workers.
- Has a strong service orientation and ability to work with well with people.
- Proven ability to use the computer, including Microsoft Office and database programs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment independently and as part of a working group.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Good body mechanics in the area of lifting, carrying, bending, stooping, pushing or pulling.
- Walking, standing, twisting and bending for brief periods of time.
- Required to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- May be required to come in contact with clients with infectious diseases or receiving radiation therapy.
- Regular driving of an automobile.
- Regular use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, mouse or calculator.
- Visual ability to read documents and computer monitor.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of working in an office environment or community home environment.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
Continuing Education Requirements
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with benefits. To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements listed above. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. JFCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a comprehensive resume and cover letter to: RedwingK@jfcs.org, and use “Home Care Supervisor, MARIN/SONOMA” as your Subject Line Reference.
This position does not offer relocation packages.
Jewish Family and Children’s Services has been providing the Bay Area with a wide array of services and programs tailored for all age groups in the Bay Area since 1850. We are a fast-growing, innovative organization offering employees a warm environment with ample opportunities for continuing professional growth in addition to competitive compensation and a generous benefit package.